This has been one heck of a thing. Four months of nausea, vomiting and zero appetite gave way to about two months of feeling sort of normal and the appetite returning, which was followed by three months of major heartburn and reflux and back to a restricted diet and way too many antacids. There really isn't much I have been able eat which I don't regret later, but some things definitely cause EXTREME regret and serious acid, and therefore have to be added to the list of things to avoid. Sadly, it's a pretty long list.
You'll notice that the whole previous paragraph has to do with food. I've made previous confessions here about my love for all food. In fact, I have a pretty serious list of foods I am planning to devour when this little guy decides to appear and I welcome with OPEN ARMS the appetite sans heartburn that appears almost immediately.
Here are just a few:
- Mauna Loa Chicken from Hawaiian Time. for you non-Eugene peeps, think teriyaki basted chicken grilled with a spicy lava sauce served over sticky rice. yum.
- Cadbury creme egg saved from Easter. chocolate is one of the major acid-producers and oh, how I have missed eating chocolate for three long months
- The largest combo plate of BBQ ribs, pulled pork, brisket and all the sides from Hole in the Wall BBQ covered and smothered in their spiciest sauce
- Chinese Food
- A western bacon cheeseburger from Carls Jr. Maybe the ravenous nursing appetite will even allow me to eat a double.
- Tomatoes. so full of acid, but so delicious. oh, how i've missed you.
Sixteen more days (give or take a few)--baby will arrive and the feast will begin.