28 July 2008

Monday Fun Find #9

I'm excited to have Alisa as a guest blogger today. She is officially the first guest Monday Fun Finder.

I was introduced to 12fifteen's etsy shop by design*sponge, and my first purchase was this wonderful little bird letterpress notecard, which I put in a frame. It was the beginning of my birds-as-dècor trend, and it's one of my favorite bird pieces in my little collection.


My next purchase was this beautiful orange print; it's a simple illustration but a striking orange color and has great contrast and composition.


My current favorite thing in her shop is this set of wonderful personalized notecards in best friends blue and brown letterpress, with fantastic blue envelopes.

I think Johanna Anderes, who runs the shop, has a great eye for vintage modern styling without being overly trendy or retro. She captures what's great about the trend but keeps her designs simple and traditional. She is gracious and professional and has well-deserved success with her etsy shop.

I highly recommend reading Alisa's musings on how she is distracted from distraction by distraction here. She has an amazing way with words.

***If you would like to showcase your favorite Etsy seller or Etsy handmade item, I would love to have you as a Guest Monday Fun Finder. Just leave a comment with your email, or send me an email at limabeanhome [at] gmail [.] com.

No comments: