11 April 2013

Small improvements

Since receiving this inspiration and posting this back in January, I am happy to report that things have been going more smoothly in our house, and I feel more calm and less grumpy. There has been a lot of self-reflection, mixed in with good and bad days. But I will say, looking back over the past few months, there have been more good days than bad and for me that is something. 

I have tried so very hard to use a softer voice in all the words I say to my kids. That is not easy, but definitely becomes easier as I do it day after day. 

I also started taking Melaleuca vitamins and a product also from Melaleuca called: 
Luminex® St. John's Wort Supplement
Maintain a balanced mood and better cope with the ups and downs of life gently and naturally—without resorting to chemicals or hormones. Utilizes a patented natural formula. 

  Luminex includes:
  • St. John’s wort to help support neurotransmitters*
  • Griffonia seed to help support neurotransmitters and to sustain a positive mood and emotionally stable outlook*
  • Vitamin B12 and folic acid to support the activities of brain messengers and to provide additional maintenance of neurotransmitters*

I will admit that I tried these supplements on a trial basis to see if I felt better, not really expecting big results, but I have noticed a marked difference in my ability to handle problems and stress.

Not trying to promote products. Just sharing what is working for me and why I feel better. 

"be thankful for all the small successes in your home, your family relationships, your education and livelihood, your Church participation and personal improvement. . .these successes may seem tiny to you and they may go unnoticed by others, but God notices them and they are not small to Him."  (as found here)

Love this quote.


No comments: